Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Diana
Moderator Moon Cat
Diana
Moderator Moon Cat

Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:42 pm

I really enjoyed Crystal ^^ There's some parts that I loved and some that I was kinda like...eh, but once you let go of the fact that it was an anime before and stop comparing it to the other one then and see it as it's own thing, it makes it a lot more enjoyable =D

Everything was super pretty!! I loved the opening song ^^ The lyrics were really awesome and fitting! I especially loved the 'A new legend begins right here, right now' because it really is a new legend beginning ^^ The closing song...it was..alright, ya know. Nothing uber outstanding about it, but it wasn't horrible!

My favorite part was when she fell down the stairs in the beginning xD I remember watching it again and thinking 'How does a clumsy, klutzy person run down wooden stairs in socks and not slip or trip?' So I'm glad that they added that to it! I also love how Luna looks ^^ She's adorable!!! The over all character design is...it's nice. There's something odd about their faces sometimes. It just seems kind of like a China doll...it's a little toooo perfect all the time xD

But overall I really enjoyed it and can't wait to watch some new episodes!!
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 7:30 am

Okay - now that I've finally seen Episode 1 of Crystal (I was away from home from 1st July to 10th July), I can now comment on it.

Overall, I liked almost all of it.  I like that they put a new spin on certain things - I even couldn't help laughing a few times.  Very Happy 

But I did find a couple things to complain about.
First, I don't like how they redid Mamoru's face.  I wasn't able to figure out what I disliked about it, but it gave me a bad overall impression.  And I'm not talking about the shades - that was the one good thing I noticed about his face.  But the rest of the face -  Mad  .  (Though I agree with the person who commented that Mamoru's clothing looks very nice.)

Secondly, I thought the few seconds lead-up to when she realizes what her name was going to be (Sailor Moon), I thought that lead-up was cheesy/almost dumb.  Those shots of the crescent moon just left a bad taste in my mouth.

But those are the only things I could find to complain about in Episode 1.  The rest of it was very good  Very Happy  !
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 10:58 am

Episode 2 was much better than episode 1. I enjoyed watching it way more. There was more moment. But the faces!!! >.< They need to emote!! Plus I know what really is bugging me now with their faces. Not only are they narrow and long, but they have lipstick on! Yeah their lipstick is way too much which makes their lips look fat.

Ami's transformation is the exact same as her old anime transformation. She just spins around more. A bit of a let down if you ask me. Oh well at least the CG looks a bit better. Why couldn't they fix's moon's transformation?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Sailor V wrote:
Episode 2 was much better than episode 1. I enjoyed watching it way more. There was more moment. But the faces!!! >.< They need to emote!! Plus I know what really is bugging me now with their faces. Not only are they narrow and long, but they have lipstick on! Yeah their lipstick is way too much which makes their lips look fat.

Ami's transformation is the exact same as her old anime transformation. She just spins around more. A bit of a let down if you ask me. Oh well at least the CG looks a bit better. Why couldn't they fix's moon's transformation?

i have to agree with you here on all of this, but some of their faces looked really funny to me.
Spoiler:

i love beryls siyuu she is perfect and Ami's too
Back to top Go down
http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 2:59 am

I have to disagree with Sailor V about the overall enjoyment of Episode 2.  I absolutely hated the plot of it.  In fact, I'm sorry, but I have to go on a rant about it - I hated the plot that much.  Though since I have to reveal a few spoilers on my rant, I will hide most of it like this. 
Spoiler:

I do have to agree with Sailor V in one way, though.  Their faces are too narrow and pointed.  Speaking of the faces, I noticed what MizzMoon pointed out while watching it over a second time.  The one example she gives, plus when Ami was saying Goodbye to Usagi in the arcade (just after breaking the high score) - both of those faces looked wrong.

Finally, to conclude on a rare positive note, I actually liked the way they redid Ami's transformation into Mercury.  The effects with the 3-D water drops were superb, in my view.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 3:37 am

those faces looked so weird i am glad you saw the arcade one too i was sitting there just laughing at their faces like what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:39 am

They're following the manga a lot in this episode. In the manga Ami got her pen out of the arcade machine. Their base is actually in the arcade. It's underground.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Wait they had a base? Man I really do need to read the manga. I am enjoying the episodes and remembering differences between the 90s and Crystal though. Ami-chan was so cute in this episode!
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Yeah! 

It's best not to compare Crystal and the 90s anime seeing how Crystal is trying to follow the manga closer.

Also!! Addy!! Welcome to MKF!  glomp  It is I Yami! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 pm

Haha your sig gave it away <3 I had a feeling that was you. 

I'm not so much as comparing as remembering and looking at how the 90s version differs from Crystal and the manga. xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeah it is nice to see the differences. I will admit I do miss Luna pulling out the items from space.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 3:56 pm

It wasn't space, it was magic!
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 3:57 pm

LOLz
Yes magic!!  Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 3843493925
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 5:06 pm

I do like the look of Jadeite so far though!
Back to top Go down
http://silencexglaive.tumblr.com/
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:15 am

My dad and I had a good laugh during this episode because we pointed out several times where the animators forgot to draw gloves on Sailor Moon during the fight inside Crystal Seminar. It's not the lighting, it was the wrong coloring.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 1:50 pm

I liked it when Ami grabbed Usagi's hand at the end of the episode.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:21 am

I am disappointed with episode 3. I didn't think it was paced well at all. I hope Jadeite got away at end.  Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 3842898744
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:23 am

i liked the episode, I loved the usamamo moments and loved mars transformation (we got some minor fanservice (well sorta, not really) with her.

i also loved usagis flight attendant transformation.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 4:59 pm

It was a good episode I agree with the Usagi/Mamoru moment. I liked how it is is the Generals and Beryl without the peanut gallery in the background
Back to top Go down
http://silencexglaive.tumblr.com/
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Her transformation with the flight attendant outfit was so pointless lol but I do like how Tuxedo Kamen was like...she definitely transformed. No...really?
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:37 am

I agree with MizzMoon on most counts.  I thought episode 3 overall was well-done.  Plus, that was such a good moment between Usagi and Mamoru on the bus!  Furthermore, I liked the effects in Mars's transformation, and thought it was great - although I didn't notice any fan-service (and I'm normally good at spotting things like that  Wink  ).

But I have to agree with Addelyn on the two points she brought up.  First, Usagi's transformation into the flight attendant outfit was really pointless.  And second, I liked how Tuxedo Mask muttered to himself "She definitely transformed."  I hope that point is remembered by the continuity editors in future episodes, and that it's followed up on at some point.

Finally, I found less plot holes in episode 3 than I did in episode 2, so I like how this one's plot was cleaned up better.  I only have two questions about the plot in episode 3 :

[1] Usagi transformed into the flight attendant outfit just as the bus was starting to go into the portal.  So how was she able to transform, have that mini-conversation with Luna, and run up and latch on to the end of the bus before it disappeared into the portal?  That's a lot to have happen in a relatively short amount of time!

[2] I noticed that here in episode 3, Luna didn't get a clue that Rei was Sailor Mars until it was obvious.  Yet back in episode 2, Luna was able to figure out that Ami was probably Sailor Mercury far enough in advance to set up Ami's transformation pen to come out of the Sailor V game.  Why was Luna so clueless about Rei being Mars when she had figured out (I don't know how) that Ami was probably Mercury so far in advance?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:34 pm

1. magic?
2. maybe Rei's spiritual powers somehow made it hard for Luna to have a clue?

---
i LOVED REI'S ATTACK AND TRANSFORMATION. I will repeat it again and again!
---
I loved the crows!

Also: Can't wait for two weeks to pass so that we can see Makoto.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:39 pm

There is the fact that Rei already has spiritual powers, and many Miko's can have them as well. That may have made it difficult for Luna to recognize Rei as a senshi. Her Miko powers are used in conjunction with her Senshi powers on many occasions.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:53 pm

yeah, that is my theory too.
---
also: in the manga, the plasters made luna unable to speak,  so maybe that damage was still healing.
---
 Mercuryfan, it is based on the manga.

from what i saw in the manga, she turned into an attendant because she wanted to protect the passengers and... well,
 perhaps the new anime tried to portray that but... it came off as useless.... i don't know.
---
 also: I loved the hearts in Usagi's eyes!!!
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Those explanations about my plot question # 2 make sense.  After all, Ami didn't have any equivalent powers of her own (the closest way she comes to having powers is brain-power  Laughing  ).  So yes, that could explain why Luna was able to get a clue about Ami but not about Rei.

As for my plot question # 1, I don't think magic should affect the normal flow of time like that (in other words, the only way magic should affect time-flow is when Sailor Pluto uses her special powers to directly and actively affect it).  But that may be just my opinion.

I also greatly liked Rei's transformation into Mars, so at least on that count, I agree with you, Sailorgokoa.  But I've already forgotten what her attack looked like in Crystal (sad, I know  Razz  ).  Maybe I should re-watch Crystal episode 3....

Don't count on seeing Makoto in the next episode that comes out (Crystal episode 4).  As I stated in the other thread to discuss Crystal on here (the one that Sailor V started a few days ago), it looks like Crystal episode 4 will break from the manga Acts, in that Crystal episode 4 will be its own thing, something that was not in the manga.  I say this from a careful watching of the teaser to Crystal episode 4 - it contained no hint of Makoto appearing.

About Usagi's transformation into a flight attendant in Crystal episode 3, I can kind of understand that theory.  I only read the manga once, and that was many years ago, so I obviously don't remember it very well.  It's just that the way that Crystal episode 3 ended up portraying this, I still agree with Addelyn's point that it came off as useless.  Uh, check that - useless except to reveal to Tuxedo Mask that Usagi can transform.  (Again, I hope the continuity editors for Crystal remember to follow up on & develop that point further in one of the coming episodes.)

Finally, you'll get no argument from me about the hearts in Usagi's eyes, Sailorgokoa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next