Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Okay in this thread we will share our thoughts on episodes that have aired/going to air. So spoilers beware!!

Episodes that aired: 13

Upcoming episode: 4, airs January 17th. 

Links:
Hulu
Crunchyroll
Niconnico English

Last edited by Sailor V on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:29 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 11:10 pm

We're a week away!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Since the opening and transformation was leak. At least I think it was leaked. I have no idea where this video was shot:

My thoughts on both:

I love the opening! The song is super catchy!!
Everyone looks pretty darn good in the opening. I am so happy that the Generals are in the opening! I really hope they aren't killed off right away like in the manga. I will be so sad if they are.

Usagi's transformation! >.<

First off, I am not against CGI, but when a show is done in mostly 2D animation and then going in flow blown CGI randomly it looks awful. I understand that sometimes animators use CGI in 2D animations for things that hard to animated 2D. However they conceal it to make it look 2D. Beauty and the Beast is a good example. 

As for her transformation goes. It looks ugly to me. I have seen Toei's attempts at CGI because of Precure which is a guilty pleasure of mine. In Precure today they use CGI for some parts in transformations and weapons and their ending theme is all CGI. Some times they blend their CGI well and sometimes not so well. They have come along with their CGI, but it still looks bad to me. And seeing a transformation almost 100% in CGI proves this to me. I guess I'm spoiled by Pixar. lol
Back to top Go down
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 10:26 am

i had to find another video, saw the opening...the music hasn't quite won me over though it is catchy...here's one of my thoughts...

"WTF DOES SELENITY HAVE BLONDE HAIR?!!!!" seriously just....NO, why?

though the opening does feel rather actiony.

also, i rather like the fact they are taking so much after the manga...because i was able to fairly understand what the gals were saying in japanese before Usa transforms. and they still have some rather funny faces!

and i see what you mean about the cgi. some of the shots are quite pleasing, and some are just obviously CGI...which i personally hate. i can't watch Winx anymore because of it, it just churns my stomach. gimme 2D any day. maybe we'll get lucky and they'll do better as the season goes on/next season...?
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:06 pm

I saw trailers for the Winx movie once and it was all CGI. I thought it looked terrible. XD

More leaked clips and the ending.

I thought the ending was rather dull, but it has a nice tune.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:34 pm

The ending was ok, I am curious to see how the other episodes are going to be later on. I agree, I still love that they are drawing the manga.
Back to top Go down
http://silencexglaive.tumblr.com/
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 9:15 pm

oh my goooood, Princess Serenity!! can't deny, LOVE IT! they got the gown right....THEY GOT THE GOOOWWN RIIIIIGHT!*cries tears of joy*

also, Ikuko-mama looks so pretty! love her character design, though she looks a tad young!

i actually find myself really liking the ending..beautiful music, and such a romantic video! Serenity and Endymion walking on water together...and omigosh, the end of Serenity's dress is sheer! i still cannot express how THRILLED i am we get Serenity's manga gown in anime foooormm!!! all the pretty ruffles and flowing fabrics...!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:42 pm

I love the attacks. I like how Mamoru looks and ever since I saw it, I just...I can't stop crying.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Two more days!!!

My thoughts going in. I'm positive about this series. Seeing the generals in the opening helped me get hyped again. I'm kind of worried for the people who are the most excited will get disappointed. I learned from Korra never get too excited for a TV show.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:38 am

I am one of the excited ones but I am aware of some parts which may not be quite as impressive as I may imagine them to be. But so far, I like what I see.

It's a few hours to the first episode. Oh gosh.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 12:21 pm

I KNOW!!  Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion 1683172938 

I can't wait to see it tomorrow!!  Minako
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:16 am

less than 3 hours now!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 5:43 am

a little over an hour
Back to top Go down
http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:41 am

IT'S ON NOW!
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 9:57 am

A lot parts made me laugh. Mamoru you are such a dork at the end. Trying to be like Batman to impress Usagi?    Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion 3154217960 

My only gripe is that there are times where there should have been moment and there wasn't. Like it would been nice to see how the brooch appeared or see Usagi gush about her brooch. I didn't want to see her butt animators! You are lazy! 

As a whole I was quite pleased. I'm not in love with it. I don't think I ever will unless they do a complete 180 and start to take their own spin on things. Please! Please do!!!!

Episode 2 preview because only Ninco had the preview:

Last edited by Sailor V on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:27 am

The whole thing was superb! I am watching it all over again!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:36 pm

I enjoyed it! I can't wait for the next episode!
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:37 pm

I know!! I wish episode 2 was going out next weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Love the avatar and signature V and too bad they aren't doing two episodes at a time..
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 1:12 pm

WHY CAN'T IT BE WEEKLY?! but  oh wow! Mamoru is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Does anyone know if Ikuhara Kunihiko is working on Crystal? When my dad and I watched the episode I kept seeing a lot of references with Ikuhara's previous works especially Utena with all those roses.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:49 pm

oh yeah,now that you mentioned it, the images where Serenity and Endymion's skin and faces were black also reminded me of Utena.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:52 pm

Yep, the whole style is reminding me of Utena. Again I don't remember reading anywhere about Ikuhara being part of the Crystal team or not. Also I wonder if any article writer's wrote anything about it being similar to Utena.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:34 pm

so i pulled out my manga volume 1 looked at ch1. they are spot on. i love it.
Back to top Go down
http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:03 pm

The original anime's first episode was pretty spot on too. We won't know how things will go for awhile. I say once Mako joins the group we'll know. That's when PGSM started to spin things around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next