Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities

Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:18 am

Some of the CG of the transformations is good, but a lot of it is very shotty and not well done in places to the point for a lot of fans, including myself, it ruins it.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 11:41 am

Sailor Pandabear wrote:
mercuryfan wrote:
I was going to ask if I was the only one who liked the new transformations - until I saw that.  I think they were very artistically done in a 3-D style.  Very Happy
* hugs you with great enthusiasm*
 Thank you for liking it. I feel like i am a few of  some fans who like it.

Ah, cool.  Thank you also.

Maybe the two of us should get together and make a shrine to Crystal's CG transformations  Laughing  .
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 2:15 pm

maybe we should!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:40 pm

here's a silly question: who voices sailor Mars?
--
Also: I like that some things remain the same and some don't.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Apparently Rina Sato is the Japanese voice actor for Sailor Mars.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 1:44 pm

ah, i see. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities
Sailor Mars
Senshi of Activities

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 1:47 pm

No problem ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 12:07 pm

I really Makoto/Jupiter and her transformation.
Back to top Go down
http://silencexglaive.tumblr.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 12:10 pm

THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE THUS FAR!!  Mako

They have finally stepped up their game both storywise and animation wise. I'm glad Mako got the best treatment in her episode. I love her to death. <3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 pm

She is going to be quite formidable. I loved her attacks and that lunch scene with her and Usagi
Back to top Go down
http://silencexglaive.tumblr.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 12:56 pm

I loved how Mako just chucked that baseball.  Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 3843493925
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Actually, I thought Makoto's transformation into Jupiter was quite bland, that it had no pizzazz whatsoever.

Plus, I don't like how casual they are being with confusing their senshi identities and human/civilian identities.  For example, how did Tuxedo Mask know to go to Usagi's bedroom window to get help?

But other than those things, I liked episode 5.  For example, I agree with Sailor Saturn that the scene with Makoto sharing her lunch was good, and Jupiter's attacks were great.

Plus I loved that part where Makoto answered that question about being in the other school uniform!  I'm so glad they explained that in the Crystal episodes!  It's a ray of hope that Crystal will explain things like that which the original anime didn't!
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:18 pm

As for her transformation being good I meant the CGI didn't look bad at all. To me all the transformations are pretty bland because they just took the old ones and CGI it. Sailor Moon in general has boring transformations. They're fun to watch and the music is great (the original anime music), but it's missing something.  

As for Tuxedo Mask going to Usa's room. At this point in the manga and in Crystal he knows her identity. He picked up on several clues. However how he knew where she lived is beyond me. The manga didn't explain it either. 

As for the girls figuring out who Sailor Moon I think it's because Usagi is being Usagi. The way she talks. But yeah it's dumb that they can figure out who she is, but civilians can't? It made sense with Tuxedo Mask because he watched Usagi talking to Luna, transformation into a flight attended, ect. Sailor Moon was never good with the secret identity thing. Heck in PGSM they just said their civilian names when transformed. Luna was the only one that called them by their Sailor names. Anime logic! It hurts the brain. XD

I think the original anime touch up on Mako's height a little bit, but there were no full details. I need to rewatch Jupiter's debut episode in the original anime. It was like one line. I could be wrong though. I haven't rewatch the original anime in awhile.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 12:08 am

I think you and I are just going to have to agree to disagree about Crystal's transformations, Sailor V - you seem to be looking for something completely different than what I'm looking for, if not nearly opposite. Laughing

As for Makoto's height, it may have been mentioned briefly in the original anime series, but I'm pretty sure it was never used as the reason why she's wearing the different school uniform.  The latter is what I meant to convey.

BTW, I also loved how Makoto just chucked that baseball. Very Happy

Finally, this isn't supposed to be just a debate between Sailor V and myself.  The rest of you are welcome to chime in with your thoughts about anything in episode 5.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 12:35 am

What are you looking for exactly? They're just the old transformations, but in CG. I think Mako looks the bet CG animation wise. I agree it would be nice if it had more to it. I wish they made brand new transformations. I still think the CG looks like crap. I've been spoil by Pixar. >.>
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 11:15 am

I loved: 
1. the usagi bench scene. she was so sneaky. it was a cute scene and the  "I can't control my hand!" part.
2. I liked the Makoto rescuing Usagi from the car scene.
3. as Mercuryfan mentioned, I also loved how Makoto just chucked that baseball
4.Sailor Mars's attack. It was awesome! that fire! that.... brilliance. whoa.I think I am in love!
5. I loved Sailor Jupiter's attacks! She was super awesome!
disappointments:

1. no groom usagi
2. It  was  disappointing that Ami.. did not really do anything in the episode except transform... I mean sailor moon did not use any magic but she did have some inspiring words to say.
3. mercuryfan mentioned this but it was slightly disturbing to me... this: I don't like how casual they are being with confusing their senshi identities and human/civilian identities.  For example, how did Tuxedo Mask know to go to Usagi's bedroom window to get help?

one more note:
Makoto's sempai was a moron.

Last edited by Sailor Pandabear on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 6:20 am

Now that Sailor Pandabear mentions it, I'm also not particularly fond of the fact that Ami transformed, but she didn't really do anything as Sailor Mercury.  Why have her transform if she's not going to use any of her senshi powers?

BTW, Sailor Pandabear, what exactly do you mean in your other listed disappointment when you said "no groom usagi"?  I don't understand.

Hmmmmm - well, Sailor V, I'd say I'm looking for a spiffed-up version of the original anime's transformation sequences.  Something with most of the elements of the original anime's transformations, but with certain parts of it improved by using CGI.  I'm not looking for a jarring or complete change, because that would be too much of a difference to me.

That's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 7:14 am

In the manga Usagi transformed into a groom using the Luna pen.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 1:19 pm

yes, what sailor V said.
--- 
Also, I liked the part where Mamoru closed the book. It... I don't know. I like it for some strange unnameable reason.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 1:00 pm

I am such a deebie downer. I feel like I'm always bashing Crystal, but episode 6 just made me so mad. The animation direction was awful and the storytelling was awful as well. I didn't feel for Usagi what so ever. She was suppose to feel doubtful about her leadership abilities and Crystal did not show it every well. To me when she was talking to Tux about her feelings it just came out of no where. Then there was that plothole. Tux said she was a good leader and then she was like I can't transform in front of him. Girl! If he was telling you that you're a cable leader that means he knows who you are. Crystal is not doing so hot for me right now. I'm sorry everyone!! I'm glad that people love it and I respect their opinions.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 3:04 am

Actually, I kind of have to agree with Sailor V about the storytelling in Crystal episode 6. For example, I agree with her about its plot-hole (about Usagi not wanting to transform in front of Tuxedo Mask).  Plus, it makes no sense to me how the continuity directors are being so careless about everyone else - including Luna, who should be looking out for their interests - being so careless about hiding their dual identities (for example, calling a senshi by her human/civilian form name), yet suddenly trying to throw the curveball in about Usagi being so careful about not wanting to reveal it.  Furthermore, isn't Usagi/Sailor Moon being too dependent on Tuxedo Mask, especially in episode 6?  Doesn't this kind of go against the theme of Sailor Moon, that these girls don't need the protection and help of men?

Though I'd also like to make one positive note about episode 6.  Remember back in Crystal episode 4 (I think it was) that Tuxedo Mask muttered to himself "I definitely saw her transform," about Usagi?  And how I commented that I hoped the continuity directors would remember that point, pick it up in a future episode, and give it meaning?  Well, they now have - here in episode 6.  It helps explain how Tuxedo Mask knew that Usagi was Sailor Moon.  Yes, it may have been used in a bad way, as Sailor V pointed out.  But I like that at least it was used.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 pm

I hate to agree but i agree.

But I liked the part where we saw Sailor V and Artemis. even if it was just a few minutes/ seconds... that made me happy.

I also liked that the three( Mars, Mercury and Jupiter) were all throwing attacks at Zoisite( did i spell his name right?)
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:54 pm

I also liked that all three of them were throwing attacks at Zoisite.  In fact, I found it kind of neat that they were all new, unnamed attacks.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:59 pm

To be fair with Tux he was written to support Moon and give her the courage to fight. The only time he truly rescued her was in episode 2 during the fight. Every other time the girls did things on their own. I think that's the best thing about Sailor Moon that everyone needs that support in their life regardless of the support's gender.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 11:18 am

mercuryfan wrote:
Furthermore, isn't Usagi/Sailor Moon being too dependent on Tuxedo Mask, especially in episode 6?  Doesn't this kind of go against the theme of Sailor Moon, that these girls don't need the protection and help of men?

i eliminated some words in the quote as they do not pertain to what i am going to type  out.

I know Sailor V has stated he is for support.

I believe that the song is stating that they are not damsels and  well,  she is not really being dependent on Tuxedo mask, it is more... well, i see it as he is trying to make sure she has faith and determination in her own powers.
---
 also: did sailor moon fly or something?
---
 Sailor Moon also amazed  me with how she jumped onto the roof. it was like: whoa, wait. what did i just see?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion   Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal: Episode Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next