Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Thoughts on Crystal So Far?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

Thoughts on Crystal So Far? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:13 pm

Usually when a person has seen three or four episodes of a show they know how they feel about the show. So what your thoughts on Crystal thus far?

My thoughts:

I like it and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not super duper in love with it like some fans are. The manga is my least favorite version of Sailor Moon because of the fast pacing and little development of characters who aren't Usagi. So it makes me sad that they are following the manga pretty close. But this episode three and I'm hoping once Jupiter joins the groups Crystal will do its own thing. Because we're almost half through the manga storyline and there are 23 episodes left!! 

I guess what I am trying to say I wish Crystal was acting like PGSM. The first five episodes of PGSM followed the manga, but they still put their own spin on it. Yeah they did have extra things put into Crystal, but it's still pretty darn close to the manga.

Just ughhh

If this wasn't Sailor Moon I would probably have dropped Crystal. With animes I watch the first three episodes to before I decide to drop it or continue watching.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 4:57 pm

I am actually really enjoying it right now, I was a fan of the manga though. It is really starting to grow on me
Back to top Go down
http://silencexglaive.tumblr.com/
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:57 am

I definitely was not a fan of the manga.  But I am generally liking how Crystal seems to be mostly following the manga yet explaining its plot in a pretty-easy-to-understand-and-follow way.  I guess that's why I generally think Crystal is well-done.

But I don't like what I see as the unevenness of Crystal.  This is because I thought episodes 1 and 3 were each pretty well-done, but I found more holes in the plot of episode 2 than a block of Swiss cheese  Mad  .  And I don't even need to compare Crystal's episode 2 to the equivalent episode of the original anime to find all those plot holes.  There were just too many things in it that just plain did not make sense.

Finally, I am definitely intrigued by the teaser to episode 4.  Episodes 1-3 of Crystal pretty much mirrored Acts 1-3 of the manga, especially in their rushed development/pacing  Sad  .  Yet Crystal's episode 4 seems to be something that wasn't in the manga at all - in other words, it seems to be breaking from the close mirroring of the manga at that point.  Hopefully we'll get some more development of the characters other than Usagi now (starting with episode 4).
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Episode four will be the ball which was act four in the manga. They didn't animate a preview for it for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 9:53 am

I'm having mixed feelings about it. I absolutely adore the manga (that's just me. I typically love manga more than anime) and I like that they're following along with it but I really friggen hate some of the animation. Like the henshins we've seen so far? IMO.. they're butt ugly. I hate the 3D look to them because they remind me of a Nickelodeon cartoon called Jimmy Neutron. And I don't want Sailor Moon to look like a cartoon because it's a FRICKEN ANIME SERIES AND SHOULDN'T BE 3D YOU DIMWITS /rant

I have a lot of feelings about it. I like the idea of what they're doing but the execution so far is only pissing me off :/

Although one good thing, Crystal Mamoru is perf and gorgeous   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? 1683172938
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 12:14 pm

But do you want panel by panel animated though? I mean I can just open up my first volume of the manga instead of rewatching episode one through three. There are some differences, but not a whole lot. 

As for Mamo. He is gorgeous so are the other male characters. They translated well into animation. The girls not so much because Naoko drew them like super models.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Honestly, it doesn't bother me they're following so closely. But also in complete honesty I wouldn't mind if they took their own spin on things. I don't care what the content of Crystal is, I just want to look good so that I'm not distracted by all the little mistakes in the animation and instead can focus on the content of the show. 

And yeah all the guys so far have been sexy xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 9:43 pm

The generals are hunks! I can't wait to see Kunzite!  Thoughts on Crystal So Far? 1683172938
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 12:13 am

I love it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 am

Sailor V wrote:
The generals are hunks! I can't wait to see Kunzite!  Thoughts on Crystal So Far? 1683172938
i agree with this statement, and as of now, Nephrite is my fave.
Back to top Go down
http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 4:00 pm

jadeite lives. does this mean that there is change to canon?

also: the four shittenou showed up at the place. that didn't happen in the manga...
 o.o

Also: Makoto looks promising!
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Nope there are things that appeared Crystal that aren't from the manga. Naoko stated that she will add things that she didn't get to add when she was writing the manga due to time. Which makes me happy!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Sailor V wrote:
Nope there are things that appeared Crystal that aren't from the manga. Naoko stated that she will add things that she didn't get to add when she was writing the manga due to time. Which makes me happy!
what is the source of that?   Question 
 i only know it's a reboot.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Naoko has stated it herself. I'll track down the source.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:50 pm

ok.
 hey, how did you like that the tiara ( recent) attack was like wordless? i mean, there was no phrase for it and then, bam, a beam of light shot out of the gem. I was like: whoa. I thought she would have to say Moon Twilight flash or something.

Or maybe Naoko wanted it that way...
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:21 pm

I think it's Moon Twilight Flash or it could of been a one time attack. They had those type of attacks in the anime.

Four episodes in and I'm glad to see some twists being put on the series. I'm still a bit bored with it. I hope once Mako joins the team they'll spice it up.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 4:31 am

Sailor Pandabear wrote:
ok.
 hey, how did you like that the tiara ( recent) attack was like wordless? i mean, there was no phrase for it and then, bam, a beam of light shot out of the gem. I was like: whoa. I thought she would have to say Moon Twilight flash or something.

Or maybe Naoko wanted it that way...

I think it was an interesting twist that Sailor Moon's new attack was wordless.  I kind of like it - especially if it was Naoko-sama's idea.

I don't remember any of them having wordless attacks in the original anime, Sailor V.  One-time attacks, I think so, but not wordless attacks.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:33 am

well, i don't remember any wordless attacks from the old anime

but i know that Mamoru/ darien kept chibiusa( rini) alive with his lifeforce or something .

Hotaru had some eerie moments and an ability to heal.( or was the healing ability only in the manga? it's been quite a while...)

also: Rei has spiritual power...
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:17 am

I meant one time attacks in general. Wordless or not. Also Moon's SuperS's attack was wordless for the first few episodes. XD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:22 pm

ah. i see. hmm, too bad i can't recall some of the old anime..
 oh well.
 but the recent episode is exciting.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Sailor V wrote:
I think it's Moon Twilight Flash or it could of been a one time attack. They had those type of attacks in the anime.

Four episodes in and I'm glad to see some twists being put on the series. I'm still a bit bored with it. I hope once Mako joins the team they'll spice it up.
 what kind of  things would make it less boring?
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:21 pm

A new take on the story instead of animating panel by panel.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 2:25 pm

i see. well, we will have to see as it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Crystal So Far?   Thoughts on Crystal So Far? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Crystal So Far?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1