Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:16 am

I finally acquired the Shiny Charm by completing the National Pokedex. While I personally do not own all 718 Pokemon (the count excludes different formes), I did trade with other Trainers to "touch" their Pokemon to obtain that Pokemon's Pokedex entry. Now there are postings around the internet debating over Gen VI's Shiny Charm compared to Gen V's due to the English translation of the item's description. And Smogon did runs some tests on their own, but since that forum has 75 pages worth of data entries there was no way I was going to sit and read through all of that. Smogon goes over the translation debate between the original Japanese description and the English Gen VI description for Shiny Charm.

I'm going to be running my own tests since I have been trying to obtain that Shiny Absol for my friend since October 2013 (the month Pokemon X & Y was released). I'll be hatching for a maximum of 1024 Eggs. I chose 1024 Eggs specifically because according to Serebii during Black & White 2, the chances went down from 1/1365.3 to 1/1024 to hatch a shiny egg if you had a Shiny Charm. Though it is currently unknown on the stats when using the Shiny Charm and the Matsuda Method in X & Y, this could also be partially due to the possible mistranslation of Shiny Charm with the English version. I personally have also yet to read anything about there possibly being translation issues between the Japanese description and the other languages for Shiny Charm.

I am by no means a mathematician to calculate the statistics, I'm purely basing this testing from the research and calculations done by others and multiple sources who have very high credibility in the Pokemon community.

I'll be reporting every 120 eggs until I reach 1024 eggs to count as a single batch.

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on Fri May 16, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:18 am

Absol Initial Test:

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:19 am

[Reserved 2]
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:19 am

[Reserved 3]
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

[Reserved 4]
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

[Reserved 5]
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

[Reserved 6]
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 12:47 pm

O.o

Wow.... XD

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Absol
0001 - 0120: No shiny
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 12:15 am

Absol
0121 - 0240: 1 Shiny (Absol 0221)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 3:49 am

Absol
0241 - 0360: 1 Shiny (Absol 0356)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:46 am

Absol
0361 - 0480: No shiny
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Absol
0481 - 0600: No shiny
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Are you still trying to get Shiny Absol?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:55 pm

I've already gotten them. But I never did finish hatching 1024 Absol eggs, so I'm finishing that up before moving on to another Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test   Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon: Shiny Charm Matsuda Method Test

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1