Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
 Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
 Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
 Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
 Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
 Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
 Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
 Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
 Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
 Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Your Holiday Traditions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

Your Holiday Traditions  Empty
PostSubject: Your Holiday Traditions     Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 2:22 pm

So what does everyone do around the holidays?

I celebrate Christmas. On Christmas eve we go to my grandmothers to celebrate Christmas with her. She's German and typically Germans celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. This year we're having it at my house to make it easier for my grandmother. Then on Christmas morning I open gifts with my idmeidate family. Then around New Years I got celebrate Christmas with my dad.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Your Holiday Traditions     Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 1:21 am

Honestly, I can't say I have a tradition anymore. Forver (when my moms mom was still alive) we had dinner on Christmas Eve and opened gifts after everything was cleaned up- which was hard as a kid because you want to open the gifts, but when my grandma passed in 07, we started opening gifts on Christmas morning, but i wake up early with that anticipation I didnt get as a kid- and wait for my parents to wake up, and then we eat breakfast and finally like by noon maybe we open gifts- I have been wanting to watch Its A Wonderful Life the past few years, but no one wants to watch it with me, so I guess that will be a tradition I start with my future someone. Then the rest of the day is like any other, well we do have Christmas dinner though its no where near as a big deal as it used to be, my dad hates eating at the table so we sit w/ tv trays and watch the military channel.......

yea i want to start my own tradtions when I get married.

my mom asked me earlier what was my favorite Christmas and I couldn't think of any, because they have not been memorable the past few years sadly.
Back to top Go down
http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Your Holiday Traditions     Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 4:19 am

I (apparently like many others) had divorced parents, so I can think back to two holiday traditions, one with my mom (and step-dad and half sister) and the other with my dad's family.  Neither one was much out of the ordinary, though.

My mom had primary custody of me as a child, so I always did her traditions first.  On Christmas Eve, if it was my dad's turn to have me on Christmas Day, or on Christmas morning once all four of us were up, if it was my mom's turn, the four of us got together in the room with the Christmas tree and opened our presents.  We also had a tradition of listening to Christmas music while we opened our presents, until my (half) sister started rebelling in her teens.  One of the ways I remember she rebelled was in her tastes for music.  She got into a harder type of rock than the other three of us liked, and started disliking (traditional) holiday songs.  So that's when we stopped the tradition of listening to holiday music, at her request.  Then in the evening of Christmas Day, when it was my mom's turn to have me that day, the four of us gathered in the dining room for a traditional home-cooked holiday turkey dinner.

My (biological) dad always went to one of his nearby relative's house/home to join their holiday traditions.  Once it was his time to see me (late on Christmas Eve when it was his turn to have me on Christmas Day, and late on Christmas Day when it was my mom's turn), I would arrive at the home of the relative he had gone to and join their holiday traditions, which were to open presents once we were all up on Christmas morning, then to all gather around a larger table and enjoy a traditional home-cooked holiday dinner at the traditional lunch time on Christmas Day (in years when it was my mom's turn to have me for Christmas Day, I would miss those two traditions of my dad's family, but we would open all presents that were to or from me once I got there).

But all that ended once I graduated from college and moved into my own place.  Since we're all spread across the country now, I don't really have any holiday traditions any more.

Now give yourself a pat on the back if you read and understood all of that Laughing  .
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Your Holiday Traditions     Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 5:21 pm

we used to sing karaoke( until it got old-fashioned), then it was a lot of parties...but until six or seven years ago, we changed it to a barbeque.
Back to top Go down
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays

PostSubject: Re: Your Holiday Traditions     Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:02 am

we go to my aunts on christmas eve and have the potato soup she makes. when we get home, we each open one gift before we go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Holiday Traditions     Your Holiday Traditions  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Holiday Traditions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1