Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  Empty
PostSubject: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:01 am

Out of curiosity how do you feel about the 30th century in Sailor Moon? Do you like the fact that Usagi rules the whole planet or not? Do you think she's a dictator or not?  

Personally I don't like idea of a single person ruling a planet. I feel like people should be able to choose what type of government they want to live under. I am aware that Usagi is a kind soul and she probably more of a figure head than a world leader. She probably has governors set up around the world and have people elect them. However it was never stated how Crystal Tokyo is set up. So Usagi may actually rule everything have figures heads to ensure people are following the laws. I hate to say it, but I view Usagi as dictator. But WAIT!! Usagi couldn't kill a fly you say. However a dictator is a person who holds absolute power. You don't have to oppress people to be a dictator. 

Let the debate commence!!  Usagi
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:01 am

I don't really like or hate the idea...
 reasons on not liking it, well, Sailor V, you have mentioned them already.

Also, a thanks to TV tropes.com,  in the fandom, there is a conflict over what the "utopia" of Crystal Tokyo  is.

I believe that at one point,( i was in another forum a few years back, forgot the url and my username and password) that  some of the fans have the impression the Black Moon Family were right ( and thus use purification as a reason to justify their actions) and Neo Queen Serenity was a horrid dictator. In some fanfictions and roleplays I have seen, some people do use this as a plot.

Anyway, The key  argument  is where  the Silver Crystal  is used to "purify"  the world it is saved from a crisis of ice( i think in the anime) disaster( in the manga( i n have to reread that...)). The people who resist escape and leave Earth . They settle on the Black Moon. Later Wiseman appears and says because the silver crystal causes immortality, the earth must revert to the past ways or something like that and the current kingdom has to be defeated.

But really, the purification could have been simply getting rid of what caused the ice/ disaster( refers to manga and anime.). It could have been that the purification got rid of an evil that had been unsealed or something.

Also, the members of the black Moon could have been twisted by Wiseman, who in turn( in the manga) could have been twisted by chaos( as in one of the later panels, he was seen talking to Galaxia, if I am not mistaken)

In any case,what do you think the "purification" is? what does anyone know about it? Also, I don't think the crystal grants immortality. In the manga, it states one gets a longer lifespan but how long, nobody knows. and the word lifespan means that there is are deaths. But I think that Neo Crystal Tokyo can't be a bad place as Usagi Tsukino is no dictator. She seems to be  kind and  friendly and not... all dictator-like.
---
 This is my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 9:23 pm

I think the purification was that Usagi purified everyone's hearts and got rid of negative emotions. So she got rid of evil and anger? It's very vague and I wish Naoko expanded on the kingdom more. A short story would of been nice. I guess she wanted to leave it up to reader.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 6:46 am

But then it is shown that the theory that the purification of evil and anger is not totally gone. I mean, why would Wiseman exist? why would people mock Chibiusa for being young?

This is why I get confused over Crystal Tokyo.

I wish Naoko could expand on it, even if the manga would be a short one...

Also, the biggest reasons they had in the Future for  the fighting were  3 actually, come to think about it.
1. The silver crystal- some of the Dark Moon  blamed it for everything bad that happened
2. immortality
3. the purification( which  is sadly vague)

In any case, there are lots of theories.
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 am

Anger is important emotion. It's okay to be angry.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:53 pm

uh i am not saying it is wrong to be angry but the extent or truth of the"purification" is unknown...
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:47 pm

I know you're not. ^^ 

I'm just speaking in general.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:50 am

ok.
 But this topic really makes people think, eh?
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:25 pm

It does! I know Usagi wouldn't never hurt people, but to me she's kind of like a dictator. She has absolute power over the world.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:58 am

well, as least she not like a hitler-dictator.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:11 am

I find this discussion interesting, since I am also into politics as well as Sailor Moon.  No, I've never run for political office myself.  But I do actively vote, and further, I do actively try to influence those who win political office.  And yes, this topic does make us think.  For all those reasons, I like it.

I know there are a lot of people in the United States alone who would be absolutely horrified at living under the rule of Neo-Queen Serenity  Laughing  .  These people (usually conservatives as opposed to liberals) even hate that we have a United Nations in this real-life world!  I can only imagine how horrified they would be to find out that one person is taking over rule of the whole planet (especially since that person was originally born outside the U.S.)!

Getting to my own thoughts on the matter, though, I find myself kind of agreeing with Sailor V in that I think Neo-Queen Serenity is a dictator - a benevolent one, but still a dictator.  I'm definitely on the liberal side of the political spectrum on most issues, but think about it - this planet is already approaching 8 billion people.  Who knows how many billions of people will be living on Earth at the time she is supposed to start ruling?  One person ruling over that many people  Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  1148142394  ?
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 5:51 pm

Great point about the population of Earth! If people are granted extended life then there will be even more people. Unless if a lot life was lost from whatever happened to Earth to cause Usagi to save it.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 3:47 am

hmmm about the population maybe some went to repopulate the other planets and so the earth is not so crowded?

i mean, jupiter  is 2. times larger than earth and so...

yeah, i am so not good at this.
Back to top Go down
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 12:00 pm

i honestly like Crystal Tokyo, even with Usagi as a kind dictator. a thousand years life span, advanced technology, and good health? yes please! maybe it'd get rid of my boyfriend's asthma or allergies...XD
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Would you even want to live that long though?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 6:51 pm

That is a long time...once you have seen and done everything...what is next?
Back to top Go down
http://silencexglaive.tumblr.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Death is the next adventure.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Sailor V wrote:
Death is the next adventure.
Now I want to watch Hook
Back to top Go down
http://silencexglaive.tumblr.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Hehe!! Yay we are super BFFs because you got my reference!!  glomp
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 2:30 am

Sailorgokoa wrote:
hmmm about the population maybe some went to repopulate the other planets and so the earth is not so crowded?

Actually, the diameter of Jupiter is 142,984 km - which, when compared to Earth's diameter of up to 12,756 km, makes Jupiter about 11.2 times the diameter of Earth.  Plus, Saturn is almost as huge, having almost 10 times the diameter of Earth.

But there's another problem.  I thought I had remembered many of the other planets in our solar system not being solid like Earth (because with advanced sci-fi technology, we could repopulate the solid planets, yes, but I can't imagine any possible technology that would allow us to live on the planets which are just liquid or gaseous).  So I went to my local library today to look up - in the book-form encyclopedias it has there - the composition of those planets (as well as the statistics in my first paragraph here).  Even though it turns out that about half of the other planets here are solid, some of them are not.  Specifically, the planet of Saturn is just gaseous; Neptune has a gaseous crust/surface, then a "slushy" layer inside that, followed by a solid core; and Jupiter is mostly liquid, but it has a small core that is probably solid.  Pluto seems to be solid, as best scientists can guess with the current data (though that might change next summer - see https://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/t592-four-for-you-pluto-you-go-pluto-the-actual-planet?highlight=planet+pluto ).  Finally, the other four planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Uranus) are almost certainly solid.

====================

Now on to Sailor V's question.  Would I want to live for 1,000 years or so?  If I was in good health, and my body didn't physically deteriorate in any way that would prevent me from doing normal things, then I think I would, yes.  Because, to respond to Sailor Saturn's point, I do not think it's possible to see and do everything.  I mean, there are so many different types of places to visit just here on Earth.  Plus, things are constantly evolving.  So some places, you can go to them once, then come back a year or two later, and they look and feel different.  Not to mention the internet.  Imagine the RPGs we could do on the internet if we all had extended life spans  tongue  !  Plus, there have been estimates of the amount of data on the internet that just boggle the mind in showing how many different things are on it!
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 7:57 am

mercuryfan wrote:
[...] but I can't imagine any possible technology that would allow us to live on the planets which are just liquid or gaseous[...]

Correction : I just realized a way we could repopulate liquid planets (like Jupiter).  We already have houseboats, correct?  So I could easily imagine in a future world, the technology would advance in such a way that whole floating cities could be built!

Now just to solve the challenge of living on a gaseous planet (like Saturn).  Anyone have any sci-fi like ideas?  tongue
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 12:05 pm

I believe in the Silver Millennium people did live on the gas and liquid planets. They probably didn't live on the surfaces, but rather in floating buildings or liked you said house boats.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 3:24 pm

mercuryfan wrote:
Sailorgokoa wrote:

Actually, the diameter of Jupiter is 142,984 km - which, when compared to Earth's diameter of up to 12,756 km, makes Jupiter about 11.2 times the diameter of Earth.  Plus, Saturn is almost as huge, having almost 10 times the diameter of Earth.

But there's another problem.  I thought I had remembered many of the other planets in our solar system not being solid like Earth (because with advanced sci-fi technology, we could repopulate the solid planets, yes, but I can't imagine any possible technology that would allow us to live on the planets which are just liquid or gaseous).  So I went to my local library today to look up - in the book-form encyclopedias it has there - the composition of those planets (as well as the statistics in my first paragraph here).  Even though it turns out that about half of the other planets here are solid, some of them are not.  Specifically, the planet of Saturn is just gaseous; Neptune has a gaseous crust/surface, then a "slushy" layer inside that, followed by a solid core; and Jupiter is mostly liquid, but it has a small core that is probably solid.  Pluto seems to be solid, as best scientists can guess with the current data (though that might change next summer - see https://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/t592-four-for-you-pluto-you-go-pluto-the-actual-planet?highlight=planet+pluto ).  Finally, the other four planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Uranus) are almost certainly solid.

====================

Oh my, I thought I put in the correct figure about jupiter.

Oh well. perhaps V is  right. They have floating houses or something. Or perhaps they have lands like Elysium- earth's thing...

--
maybe some also migrate to other planets when they get old enough to make decisions?

---
I am pretty sure Sailor Mercury is smart enough to come up with some kind of technology...
---
Or... am I thinking too much.
---
Sailor V wrote: Would you even want to live that long though?

My answer: Maybe, Maybe not.
 who knows.
 Perhaps some people don't want to live so long and thus their lifespans are not affected.

Back to top Go down
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays
Princess Serenity
Princess Of Role Plays

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 8:02 pm

personally? yes rather. i know i'd get bored every now and then...but at least i'd have a greater chance of seeing my grandchildren, and great grand children. and you can always find something to do, with a little initiative.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 12:11 am

a head canon: Maybe some "humans" on earth are actually reincarnated kunarians, martians, jovians.. etc.
 I mean, if the sailor senshi could reincarnate, perhaps that is possible for others? or... maybe not?- i mean if you take into account the cauldron, but then... maybe I am thinking too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?    Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crystal Tokyo: Prefect Utopia or Not?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1