Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Why I have Little Excitement for SMC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

Why I have Little Excitement for SMC Empty
PostSubject: Why I have Little Excitement for SMC   Why I have Little Excitement for SMC I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:19 pm

Before I begin I want to say I am not hating on SMC. I am thrill to see Sailor Moon to be brought back to life. The new anime will bring new life into the fandom and introduce more people to the series! So onward!

When I first heard about a new SM anime being made I was thrilled. Sailor Moon was my first anime and was my favorite show growing up. I was really pumped up for it when we learned it would be stream worldwide. How awesome is it to watch a show while its airing instead of sitting around waiting for weeks for a sub or years for a dub? Then it got delayed to winter 2014. I was cool with that.  It didn't surprise me one bit because well it takes time to produce a TV show.  Winter came by and it got delayed to the summer. Again I didn't really care. Why rush a show? I want them to take their time in production. Then I guess it was late February or early March? We found out that the anime would follow the manga and that nearly killed my excitement for the new anime. I gain a little excitement back when the title and promo picture were leak.

Reasons my excitement nearly died:

1. The manga is my least favorite version. Yes there are cool things in the manga, but the characters (besides Usagi, Chibusa, and Mamoru) are pretty much bland. The side villains are killed just like that and we barely see the girls' daily lives. I understand the creator was under pressure to get each chapter out every month, but there are many manga series that chapters come out monthly and the characters have great development. I am basically worried that it will follow the manga 100% and we get no filler. A lot anime remakes have done this. Fullmetal Alchemist is a great example of this! However the remake anime FMA: Brotherhood was amazing! I was okay with it following the manga 100% because the story was filled with developed characters and the story doesn't really need filler episodes. 

2. I was really looking forward to a new take on the Sailor Moon story. That's the great thing about Sailor Moon. There are many versions with its own spin on the manga story. You get something refreshing! I won't say more because I would end up repeating my reason 1.

That's about it. Like I said I'm glad to see Sailor Moon getting a new anime after all these years. I will watch it regardless of my feelings toward the manga. Who knows maybe it will be my favorite version.
Back to top Go down

Why I have Little Excitement for SMC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moon Kingdom Forums  :: Royal Tea Room :: Sailor Moon Crystal-