Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi

Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release Empty
PostSubject: Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release   Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release 51D1Q5sMgVL                        Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release 51ZuN40hWfL
                               Tokyo Pop Cover Circa late 90s                                                        Kodansha Cover 2011

So I own both versions of Sailor Moon Manga. Personally I like the Kodansha content- the translations reflect Japanese better and use the Japanese names, where as TokyoPop uses American Dub names- the pictures are the same, but what are everone else's thoughts on these two versions of the manga. There is a rerelease of the Kodansha copies, but I dont think they have been translated yet.
Back to top Go down
http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release   Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:02 pm

I own the first copy of the kodansha release of Sailor Moon and I own both copies of Sailor V. I say it's a pretty decent translation. I found a few wonky sentences, but I can live with it. The quality is nice and I love the covers for Kodansha release. 

As for Tokyopop I own 1 vol from the end of the Black Moon Arc/the beginning of the Infinity Arc. I also own the first two volumes of the Dream Arc and all of the volumes of the Stars Arc. Yeah at the time I got those I didn't understand manga....I'm not sure how accurate the translations are and I don't remember finding any errors. I don't mind the dub names. I like that Usagi's nickname is Bunny. Sadly they are in a box because of the quality. Overtime the pages started to break off and fall out of the book. I think I lost a page in one my Dream volumes. It sadness me. They are DO NOT touch. XD
Back to top Go down

Tokyo Pop vs Kodansha Release

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1