Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi

Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Soooo never done one of these "share about what I watch" things but it'll try my best to keep on top of it xD

I've never watched all of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Just an episode here and and episode there. I don't remember much. And everyone keeps ranting and raving out it so I thought, what the heck. I like anime. I'll give it a try. 

Sooo no spoilers! Except for when I get to that episode xD I'm watching Ep 1 now xD 

Feel free to re-watch, watch or discuss along with me xD It'll be nice to have other people to talk to ^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 12:46 pm

You'll love it. Though my personal opinion, don't watch Legend of Korra. It's not up to par with The Last Airbender. I can't stop you of course, but that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:50 am

I've heard good and bad things about LOK. I guess it depends on what I think of ATLA when I'm done with it xD

UPDATE: I've watched episodes 1 through 12 so far. Yes, I watched 12 episodes in one night. No, I'm not anime crazed why would you ask?

In all reality though, I am liking this very much. Once thing that I really like and appreciate about it is the fast pace. In normal anime, it would have taken the characters 12 episodes to reach the temple, and they did it all in 2. And the first episode of that didn't even start out with them intending to travel there. 

Everything about this anime is very precise and to-the-point and I really like that as well. While there is a good amount of suspense in it, it's well placed unlike other anime where its suspense all day erreday and it takes 3 episodes just to reveal some information. Everything flows really well too. They're not jumping from subject to subject too quickly but they're not dragging it along either. There's a balance in this anime that stands out to me because it feels like how things would happen in real life. There's suspense but there's also this almost reality-like pacing that I really like. 

The only thing that bugs me right now is that I'm 12 episodes into the first season and I feel like I don't really know anything about the characters. I mean, I know that Katara and Sokka are basically orphans and that they miss their parents but not much more than that. And I know Aang is a 112 year old child who has the fate of the world on his shoulders but again, not much more than that. I love their personalities and the way they interact with each other but I still don't know anything more about them then I did at the first episode. Thankfully I still have a long way to go so I know there will be plenty of character development in the future episodes, but I sincerely hope they do more background stories on our brave trio in the first season then they have so far. Right now we're starting to learn more about Aang and I hope they continue with it. 

Soooo TL;DR I really like it so far Smile I watched 12 episodes in one night so that's something to consider. Also, I want more background on our brave bbyz cuz right now I got little to none T.T

EDIT!!!!  I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT THIS BEFORE WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS WHOLE THING OUT OMG.

I WANNA HUG THE POOP OUT OF ZUKO OMG YOU POOR LITTLE BBY COME TO ME
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics
Sailor Uranus
Senshi of Graphics

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:52 am

*Psst* It's a cartoon, not an anime.

I love Zuko, but not as much as my favorite character.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:53 am

*Psssttt* I knew that I was just testing you

>.>

<.<
Back to top Go down
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Yay you like it! The series gets really good in book 2 in my opinion.  Yeah you will learn more about Katara and Sokka down the road.
As for LOK I love but I don't. It had great potential but they screw it all up with the romance.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Chat Gardien de la Lune
Luna
Chat Gardien de la Lune

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:20 pm

I've seen all of Last Airbender and only book one of LOK it's good but since we start at more or less the opposite of where we started Last Airbender i dunno how it's gonna work after that. the style is awesome though. Now i wanna watch it again..

And guys guess what Animes are Cartoons.. if it's drawn it;s a cartoon or anime either is fine anime is animated… not that it matters.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:10 am

Ed you should watch it along with me :3 I'm just finishing up Book 1 tonight ^^

I'm up to episode 19 right now and things are really beginning to become more complex and intertwined. Zuko saved Aang from the Fire Nation fortress and pretty much let him go!! I feel so much for Zuko it's insane
And I love that Aang is slowly learning the art of patience and discipline. The fire master guy tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen and it took accidentally burning Katara to get it to really sink in. I know it seems like unnecessary angst but it's important because for a 12 year it would take a lot to get something like discipline to really sink in and stick with him. I'm glad they added that ^^

Whoo! On to the finale and Book 2 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Luna
Chat Gardien de la Lune
Luna
Chat Gardien de la Lune

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 5:05 pm

i dunno if i can. I don't think it's on netflix anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi
Sailor Pluto
Founding Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm watching it here. It's where me and Wes watch Fairy Tail as well xD Pretty good site Very Happy

EDIT: I'm not gonna do a full review yet because I don't have time but I'm in the middle of Book 2 and I FREAKING LOVE TOPH!!!! She's so bamf!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender   Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pluto Watches Avatar: The Last Airbender

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1