Moon Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» We're Moving!
How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

» Hiya everyone
How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeby Luna Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 pm

» The Legendary DBZ RPG (LDR)
How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

» Just another moonie saying hi.
How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Saturn Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

» Happy Birthday, Sailor Jupiter!
How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Fri May 29, 2015 5:27 pm

» The Queen's Despair [OOC Discussion]
How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Sun May 17, 2015 1:46 am

» The Queen's Despair
How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

» Things you're happy about
How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Jupiter Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

» May Sign in for Yen
How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeby mercuryfan Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 am

Vote for us!
 Top RP Sites

How did you get into Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor V
Senshi of Members
Sailor V
Senshi of Members

How did you get into Sailor Moon? Empty
PostSubject: How did you get into Sailor Moon?   How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 8:29 pm

God why don't we have this topic? So how did you get into Sailor Moon? Please share it!

I first got into Sailor Moon when Cartoon Network started airing it on their Toonami block. I really don't remember what made me want to watch it, but I fell in love with it after watching the first episode. At that time I was really into watching cartoons so I basically watched anything.  I really enjoyed watching super hero cartoons so I guess I loved the idea of a show with girl super heroes. And yes I consider magical girls super heroes. They are protecting their city from evil threats while learning the power of love and friendship. Razz

I always made sure I would watch every episode. Or at least I tried! On Mondays after school I had to go to speech therapy which meant I would miss Sailor Moon. On purpose I would make us late so I could see the first 5 minutes of an episode. My love for the series grew as I grew older. I tried reading the manga (at that time I didnt know what manga was). I grabbed a random volume and was lost with the storyline. It was so different from the show and I had no idea why Serena was called Bunny. I also owned one of those novels where the episodes were written out. It had the second episode (which was skipped over in the English dub Razz ) in it. I also had a Sailor Moon doll and some other stuff. Then in high school I discover the truth about the Sailor Moon English dub from a website called Sailor Moon Uncensored. Then I watched the Japanese version and it blew my mind.

Last edited by Sailor V on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts
Sailor Saturn
Senshi of the Arts

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Sailor Moon?   How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:05 pm

i started watching Sailor Moon completely out of order. My friend had the entire series on VHS, subtitled and she started me off with S and I went from there. I started to watch the first two seasons on Toonami after I went through the overs. Then before my friend could sell the entire series on ebay I bought them off of her and started over from the beginning. I couldn't believe the difference between the sub and dub. I fell in love with the entire storyline with trying to find the grail and the struggle between Sailor Saturn/Mistress 9. Witches 9 became my favorites group of baddies and then I met Galaxia. I just loved the story arcs in Sailor Moon, the first anime I saw in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
http://silencexglaive.tumblr.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi
Sailor Jupiter
Moderator Senshi

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Sailor Moon?   How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:32 pm

when I was a kid (like 6 or 7) sailor moon was on when I was getting ready. I loved it so much that at my kindergarten graduation I said I wanted to be Sailor Moon when I grow up. (Will post a pic somewhere later) and then it stopped being on and life went on and I kinda forgot about it until two years when I found SM pics on my computer and then remembered I had vhs's so I started watching and then watching the whole season in like 2 months (i wanted to savor it) and now i am into all realms of the moon fandom and i love it so much.
Back to top Go down
http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi
Sailor Pandabear
Super Senshi

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Sailor Moon?   How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:15 am

I saw the ep... where she turned into sailor moon  and I was instantly hooked.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi
mercuryfan
Eternal Senshi

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Sailor Moon?   How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 5:16 am

I'm kind of like Sailor Saturn in that I watched it out of order - though my order was different than hers.  I first got into it when Cartoon Network was airing it in the late 1990s.  When they first made the dubs of the second half of R season, they must've advertised it all over their cable channel - including during what was then my favorite cartoon, Scooby Doo.  I immediately knew it would be different (how often do you hear of an action series featuring almost exclusively a bunch of teenage girls?) and thought I might like it, so when they advertised that they would be showing a marathon of all 17 new episodes one Saturday or Sunday, I decided to watch as much of it as I could.  I was probably hooked after watching just a couple episodes!

It wasn't long after that that I found the website Castle in the Sky - Sailor Moon - which, miraculously, is still online, at http://www.sailorsystem.com - and found out that it was actually a cartoon (or technically anime) translated from the Japanese language, as well as answers to some of the things I had been wondering about.  So yes, Sailor Moon was my first anime.  I've since watched other anime series and especially anime movies, but Sailor Moon is still my favorite  Very Happy  .
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
marycosplay
Civilian
marycosplay
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Sailor Moon?   How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:20 pm

just watched it on TV, and I still remember it after so many years. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.eshopcos.com/
Princess Mars
Civilian
Princess Mars
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Sailor Moon?   How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 6:01 pm

I've watched it ever since I was a little kid. I used to love it when it came on Boomerang or Cartoon Network's "Toonami". I remembered years later and watched up to SuperS in English. Then, two years, I got the SM anime series on DVD and was able to watch the movies.

Last year, I decided to give into my English-Dub pride and try the Japanese{with English subs} in order to watch the StarS season. I was not disappointed <3 So... I moved onto the subbed movies. They were better than the dubbed versions.

Needless to say, after finding out that a lot of scenes were cut and that the original is just exceedingly better. I've gone back and started watching the series over -- this time in Japanese. I just finished all of Season One, and am re-watching the R season in the English-subbed Japanese.

I think I'll always love it and that it'll always be one of my favourites<3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Sailor Moon?   How did you get into Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you get into Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1